Terms & Conditions
1. Bookings, as referred to hereunder, are confirmed on the condition that a non-refundable deposit, of a minimum of 25% of the total land price together with full payment in respect of the airfare, is paid to Priority Escapes within 48 hours of confirmation of the client’s booking.
2. Should payment of the deposit not be made as stipulated above, the booking shall be cancelled.
3.The client will be advised at the time of booking what payment is required for the clients particular travel arrangements.
4. The balance of the cost of client’s travel arrangements must be paid no less than 60 days prior to departure. If client’s booking is made within 60 days of departure, the total cost of client’s travel arrangements must be paid at the time of booking.
5. Failure to pay the costs as stipulated herein timeously will result in the immediate cancellation of client’s booking.
2) PRICE CHANGES
1. The costs associated with the travel arrangements are not always stable, and currency movements can fluctuate. It is impossible to predict these movements in advance. When client books travel arrangements through us, we reserve the right to pass on any fluctuations and surcharges to client. Surcharges may be imposed to cover increases in transportation costs, including the costs of fuel and security charges, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports, or exchange rates applied to the travel arrangements;
1.1 Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply;
1.2 Airfares are subject to the prices and conditions quoted by the particular airlines and cannot be guaranteed by Priority Escapes. The onus is on the agent & the passenger to check that there have been no changes in these prices before making final payment thereof;
2. Should the client make a group reservation and subsequently the group numbers deviate from the minimum number required for the booking, Priority Escapes reserves the right to re-cost the price and raise a surcharge.
3. Should any client refuse to accept and pay such surcharge, it may result in cancellation of the booking.
3) METHODS OF PAYMENT
Payments shall be made in the following manners :
1. Cash or EFT Transfers directly into Priority Escape’s bank account, subject to the condition that proof of payment or transfer is provided to ourselves and such payment has been confirmed as received by ourselves.
1. The travel arrangements do not include insurance and accordingly the client is obliged to take out adequate insurance cover such as cancellation due to illness, worldwide epidemics, accident or injury, personal accident and personal liability, loss of or damage to baggage;
2. Priority Escapes will not be responsible or liable if the client fails to take adequate insurance cover, should the insurers dispute their liability for any reason; the client will have no recourse against Priority Escapes.
3. Client shall be solely responsible for insuring that sufficient travel insurance is in place.
4. The client will be only be eligible for the Priority Cancellation Promise provided that:
4.1 The client pays a cancellation promise fee of R1 500.00 (one thousand five hundred rand) per adult reservation, simultaneously with the payment of the deposit (which is to be paid within 7 (seven) days of the reservation being made).
5. The Priority Cancellation Promise will allow the client to:
5.1 Either cancel the reservation at least 7 (seven) days prior to the departure date to qualify for a penalty-free refund (excluding the Priority Cancellation Promise costs which is non-refundable) or change the departure date without penalty but subject to air fare fluctuations which may be contingent upon the prevailing fuel prices.
5.2 If the client requires a change in the departure dates, the client change will be confined to available dates on the designated chartered airline engaged by Priority Escapes.
5) FLIGHT AND TRAVEL TIMINGS
Flight schedules are provided by airlines and are subject to Air Traffic Control restrictions, weather conditions, maintenance checks. There is no guarantee that flights will depart at the times stated in any itinerary or tickets which client will receive. All timings are estimates only, and we do not accept any liability for any delay, however arising, or for any schedule alterations.
6) FLIGHT RECONFIRMATION
It is client’s responsibility to ensure that client reconfirm the departure date and times of all client’s flights at least 72 hours prior to departure. This is particularly important in respect of subsequent journeys once leaving South Africa and Priority Escapes hereby specifically excludes any liability for any delay and/or loss as a result of client’s failure to reconfirm any flight and/or connecting flight.
1. Travel Documents, including vouchers and itineraries shall be prepared on receipt of full payment of client’s travel arrangements, and the signed and completed Booking Form, and will be ready 24 hours after payment has been received and cleared in our bank account;
2. It is important that client check all details of client’s travel documents (including client’s itinerary) before leaving South Africa. If there are any inaccuracies on any of client’s travel documents, or should client have any further queries, client should contact client’s travel agent immediately. Priority Escapes will not be liable for any delay and/or loss occasioned as a result of any inaccuracies on any travel documents once client are in receipt thereof and client have left South Africa.
8) UNSCHEDULED EXTENSIONS
In the unlikely event of there being an unscheduled extension to client’s travel arrangements caused by flight delays, bad weather, strikes, or any other cause which is beyond the control of Priority Escapes, it is understood that the expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions, (hotel accommodation, airline costs, car hire, transfers, etc.), will be for client’s account. Priority Escapes accepts no liability for changes, omissions, or delays before or during the course of client’s travel arrangements occasioned by technical difficulties, weather conditions, strikes, epidemics, or factors beyond our control.
9) CHANGES BY CLIENT
1. If the client wishes to make a change to the booking, we will endeavour to assist the client to make the change wherever this is possible. The Client will be obliged to pay all charges, of whatever kind, imposed by the suppliers in relation to such change;
2. After departure it is understood that extra expenses incurred as a result of any change will be for the client’s account, and any unused service will not be refunded.
1. Subject to the Priority Cancellation Promise, and in the event that the client wishes to cancel a booking, the client shall be obliged to notify Priority Escapes immediately. In the event of a cancellation the client will be liable for cancellation charges as set out hereunder:
1.1 Third party or supplier cancellation fees;
1.2 Priority Escapes service fees and commission;
11) PRIORITY ESCAPES RIGHT TO AMEND TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
1. Every effort is made by Priority Escapes to adhere to confirmed itineraries; however, we reserve the right to make changes to client’s travel arrangements should it become necessary to do so;
2. Should any travel component be confirmed by Priority Escapes and this component is cancelled by the supplier for whatsoever reason, then in such instances Priority Escapes will accept no liability for the cancellation thereof.
1. Should the client experience any problems with the resort or the airline, the client must immediately inform the supplier of the services in question either being the resort or the airline (being domestic or international carriers);
2. If the problem is not resolved by the resort or airline and the client is still dissatisfied, the client must notify Priority Escapes within 24 hours of the complaint to enable Priority Escapes to resolve the problem. Failure to do so may impede Priority Escapes ability to be able to assist in this regard.
3. The client will have no recourse against Priority Escapes unless the aforesaid procedure has been correctly adhered to.
13) PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH
1. It is entirely the client’s duty to ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactics (e.g. for malaria) and the like, and proof thereof where required, have been obtained;
2. Passports must be valid for 6 months after return to South Africa. Please check the requirements with client’s travel agent before travelling;
3. Priority Escapes does not assuming any obligation or liability and the client indemnifies Priority Escapes against any consequences of non-compliance;
4. The client must ensure that the details supplied to Priority Escapes correlates with those details reflected on their passport.
14) GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Unless otherwise advised the package shall include all taxes;
2. Priority Escapes shall notify the supplier of any special requests that client may wish to make at the time of booking, but acceptance of such requests is at the discretion of the airline or other supplier and in no circumstances, are special requests guaranteed. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier, or the inclusion of the special request on client’s confirmation invoice or any other documentation, is not confirmation that the request will be met;
3. Hotels undergo renovations from time to time and take all possible steps to limit disruption to their guests. We will not entertain complaints or requests for refunds if a hotel is carrying out renovations whilst a guest is resident. If we are specifically advised of renovation work, dates may be provided. It is important to remember that these are subject to change, and we are not always notified;
4. Any charges made to client’s credit card whilst on vacation are client’s responsibility. Priority Escapes will not be responsible, nor accept responsibility for having these charges reversed or corrected upon return to South Africa.
15) FORCE MAJEURE
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected, or the client suffers any damage or loss, as a result of “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which is beyond the control of Priority Escapes or the supplier of the service(s) in question. Such events may also include, but are not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics such as SARS and the Coronavirus, which may exist outside of the control of Priority Escapes and the suppliers.
16) RESPONSIBILITY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Priority Escapes accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay, or any other irregularity howsoever arising. Priority Escapes makes every effort to ensure that all the arrangements and services connected with a passenger’s itinerary will be carried out as specified in the most efficient and effective way possible. However, we do not have direct control over the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst they are in all cases selected with the utmost care, we do not accept liability for errors and omissions of such suppliers.
This document together with Priority Escapes’ standard booking form and Priority Escapes invoice / itinerary constitutes the sole record of the agreement between the parties. No party shall be bound by any representation, warranty, and promise of the like not recorded herein. Client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of Priority Escapes or otherwise that is not included herein. No addition to the Priority Escapes standard booking conditions shall be of any force or effect unless in writing and signed by or on behalf of the parties. All costs and disbursements, including legal costs on the attorney and own client scale incurred by Priority Escapes in recovering any damages and payments payable by the passenger to Priority Escapes shall be for the passengers’ account. This agreement shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
18) ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By processing a booking with Priority Escapes, we confirm that we have read and accepted the terms and conditions contained herein.